If you love do-it-yourself projects as much as we do, we're sure that you're going to love our first little DIY endeavor!
From what we can see, the embellished collar look isn't going anywhere anytime soon - and we aren't complaining! Whether it's studs, jewels, lace, or beads, an embellished color is definitely one way to turn heads. Also, embellished collars are right on point with our fashion formula. When putting together an outfit, we believe in keeping everything as simple as possible and adding a little something that is interesting and eye-catching. And embellished collars achieve just that!
But why spend so much more on a shirt for the sake of an embellished effect when you can create the look yourself at home? In this DIY post, we'll show you how you can create your own embellished collar using something everyone already has at home: a CD. Yes, you read that right. A CD.
What you'll need:
- Two old CDs
- A pot of boiled water
- Super glue
- Pour boiled water into a pot
- Place CDs inside pot for a few minutes
- Take CDs out of water, laying them down on a dry cloth
- Cut CDs in half
- Peel off the clear layer on top of the holographic layer
- Cut the holographic layer into pieces
- Experiment with different layouts on your collar until you are satisfied with the placement
- Super glue the pieces in place and voilà!
Let us know if you're going to give this little project a try!